Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crackbook & The Decline of Western Civilization Due to Poor Customer Service

Sorry folks I've been out of it for a while, and now I'm not even sure where I am. I think this goes back to my first posting of looking over the edge. Well, I think I've moved back from the edge, but I'm still on the roof.

So, Crackbook and its inevitable let down. As addictions go Crackbook was really good at first, but as time has gone on I find myself less and less interested, and unfortunately it has to do with the dreadfully boring people that I have allowed to be my Friends. I already made one purge of boring people, and at this point it's looking like I need to go in again, pull up my list of friends and hit that little X next to their name. _________ will not know, or so says the little crackbook message. I'm not so sure about that. Do you think people start to notice when they don't see posts by certain people anymore? The only way I found out I had been de-friended was trying to send an email to someone and their name would not pop up like it does when I email friends from my list.

I suppose I should quote Harvey Danger here and say, "If you're bored then you're boring", and that might be so. Maybe I'm in a boring place right now. I think there are things to write about that don't need to be explored and things that need to be explored that I don't feel like writing about. What a quandary! Thank goodness I don't make my living this way.

Poor Customer Service

Is it just me or has the whole idea of customer service just completely gone out the window? I'm not talking about fast food restaurants or huge corporations who deal with people over the phone. Those were gone at least a decade ago. I'm talking about small, independent places that count on word of mouth to get their reputation out. Why is it all right for some of these people to go about their business not giving their customers proper respect and consideration? What on earth is going on in our society that it is okay to not treat the people paying you money for a service like they are providing you your livelihood? A little bit of consideration goes a long way. Unfortunately the cost of this is sometimes convenience, and because we don't want to be inconvenienced, or literally don't have the time to be inconvenienced we are willing to put up with less than great service. I suppose it is just one of the many downfalls of being part of "the working poor". The brochure made it seem much more elegant than what it has turned out to be. So, it's not so much the decline of Western Civilization as it is just the breaks, and well, "the breaks" kind of suck.

Hmm. Well, that's all I got. Good feelings, won't you stay with me, just a little longer?

No comments: